Sunday, June 22, 2008

In Transit... Alive and Kicking

I have arrived in Tapei and have about an hour to catch my flight to Kuala Lumpar. The flight was long, very uneventful, and passed quite pleasently. I feel like I have been here and done this before. Oh wait, I have. During my first trip to Southeast Asia back in 2005, I took this same China Airlines flight to Tapei, only I transfered to Bangkok. I have met quite a few travellers who are doing that journey today.

It is quite a wonder how I even made it here. Some may know quite well my final 24+ hours in California before I left. Let's recap to make this at least somewhat interesting. Names, events, numbers, and sheer obsurdity have not been changed so that you can understand the full picture of my current mental state.

Friday 4:35: am finished with work (well most of it); go to parking garage to leave and find out I am blocked in by Soojin, Eddie, and James: These are the only vehicles in the entire garage. So I go upstairs to find Soojin, and I find Rebecca trying to leave, but has about 3 trips worth of boxes to carry down... decide to help her. I finally leave school and start getting ready for going away party. Have diner then Meghan and I decide the orange Jello Shots are better so we start eating as many as we can before our friends arrive. During the Party we play paddle ball in living room, have jello shots, have dance party, eat more jello shots, I eat the hidden orange jello shots, then we all make a mass exedous to Main Street. At Henessy's Shane charges me $25 for 3 Red Headed Sluts and Captain Nate is convined the price should have been $0. After 12+ Jello shots I decide its not important; the heavy rock band and dancing with Emily and Vicki are important. Sometime after 1 am I go home, decide to ride my scooter and promptly take a face plant to the side walk. Multiple scratches, brusies and bloodblisters are my reward.

I manage to get out of bed by 10:30 on Sat. Limping and trying to balance out my blood sugar levels take priority to packing. Who would have thought sugar free jello would have caused so much damage??? I have to do 4 load of laudry, meet Dani for lunch, go to the bank for $$$$, hit up CVS, and pack. Well we had boat plans for 2:30 and packing got postponed. We finally got to take a ride with the boys/owners of Corks Away (Shane & Capt Nate). We had so much fun, wine, swimming, pictures, munchies, Hard Lemonade.... the 2 hour tour lasted 4+. We got back and I still had to pack and be at a BBQ at that time. Meghan went, I packed (with Dani's expert and drunk help) and said goodbye to the boys. Needless to say, I was quite late for dinner at Uncle Kevin's & Aunt Jane's. I got there just in time for pie. Erin Drove me to LAX with a brief detour to my house to drop off a car. I had left my swimsuit, dive book and card, and Indo dictionary. Got those and went on my way. I spent 2 hours Standing in line after line, after line at LAX. AHHHH!!! All I wanted to do was sleep. I made it on the plane only to realize that I really did forget my toothbrush and my sarongs. Sleep was more important.

So here I am in Tiwan, waiting to catch the next plane. This airport was only slightly amusing the first time in 2005, as I had gotten lost. Now, I know exactly where I am and I am quite board. The aching srapes and bruises down my legs don't help either. At least I found some free internet!!!! More importantly, as least I seem to be alive. After 24 hours of partying in Seal Beach, a forgien country where you don't speak the language halfway around the world seems like a breeze!

No comments: